Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

SECURITY - Hidden

Recently, I was just wandering around the internet in search of a cure for my designer's block and I came across and interesting article. This Guy Has My MacBook is about some guy that had his MacBook stolen and is now tracking the guy and everything he does until the authorities have time to go after him. I know what you may be thinking. "If he knows where it is and has proof, why can't they just go get it?" It tells a bit about that in the article (total BS by the way).

Anyway, I'm not writing about the incident itself, but rather about the program he is using. Its a security tracking app called Hidden. This terrific and affordable app for the iMac and MacBook is a great way to recover them if they are stolen or misplaced.

The basic plan starts at just $15/year. With it you can track where it is on Google maps, get screenshots of what they thief is doing, and even activate the webcam and get photos of his or her face. They also claim to help you work with the police to recover your stolen computer.

I think this is a terrific service and would recommend it to anyone I know with either an iMac or MacBook. I mean, $15 per year - I spend more than that on junk food in one month. I could cut back a bit and spend it on a little piece of mind, especially if I did lots of traveling or lived in a not-so-cafe area.

0 comments:

Post a Comment