Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Zazzle Store Redesign!

When it comes to CSS, XML, XHTML, and the like, my head used to just spin like the girl in the Exorcist movie. I've been working very hard to wrap my head around it all in an effort to update my Zazzle shops and make them look more professional.

Making the design and layout in Photoshop was the easy part. Figuring out where to cut it all up to make it into a usable set of images for my layout - not that bad either. Getting the layout put back together using XML, XHTML, and CSS in Zazzles advanced store customization mode was a HUGE challenge. Thanks to a forum post by SugarVsSpice, and a few others that I looked into, I did it - TWICE in fact.

I now have two customized stores on Zazzle and I have to say, at least as proud of my store layouts as I am of my products in them (maybe even a bit more). You can check them out here:

  • Archetypus Digital - Features fractal and computer generate graphics.
  • Archetypus Photograghy - Gift items featuring some of my photography. (This one still needs more items, but my computer is not really cooperating with the large files right now)

Please feel free to let me know what you think of them and post a comment on the wall if you feel so inclined. (and of course, a purchase would absolutely make my day...month...ya know you want to).

0 comments:

Post a Comment