Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Designing for appearal.

Plenty of people find fractal interesting, but really don't have much use for them. Most people really don't buy art to put up in their houses and when they do, it usually is long term thing. although I do get some sales from my fractals, its usually smaller items like postcards. So I decided to try to make a fe designs that would look really good on shirts.

The problem with fractal artwork is that most of them go off in all directions forever and ever. Putting a design like this on a shirt leads to a very iron-on squared off look that I for one, am not a big fan of. There are some that I do like that are make this way, but they are just not as popular.

Trying to create a design that will not only be self-contained (meaning not going off in to infinity) and also look interesting was more challenging than I though. Here is what I came up with.

Batterfly Fractal shirt
Batterfly Fractal by ArchetypusDigital
Browse zazzle for a different t-shirt.zazzle

0 comments:

Post a Comment