Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Green Feather & Fleur

Flame fractals come in as many different styles as there are artists creating them. One of the first that most Apopysis users learn to make are simple and elegant designs that feature flowing swirls of color. Its probably the easiest to create without lots of trial and error, plug-ins, scripts, or a detailed tutorial. Just move the triangles around until you get a flowing pattern that you like.

Although I have come a long way, I still like to make some of those beautiful swirling designs. When I was first learning, I always put them on a black background. Although this does bring out some fine details, it also hides other qualities. So in an attempt to be less monotonous and get away from just plain black backgrounds, these are both on colored backgrounds (which is a particular challenge for me as I am partially colorblind...lol)

Here are the two designs that I created in this endeavor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment